I write. I quilt. I cook. I take photographs. What else is there?

Sunday, May 18, 2014

Strings

I've decided to take a break from baby quilts to make some string blocks.  What fun!


I put them together into this nifty little twin-sized diamond string quilt.  What do you think?  I do so love monochrome quilts!


This will probably be a charity quilt.  Or maybe one for my spare room.  Haven't decided yet.  I had so much fun, though, I think I'll make another.  Light blue, this time.  I have loads of light blue strings.

When I first started quilting, my neighbor gave me tons of blue yardage she just didn't want anymore.  Well, I've used 2/3rds of the blue now, but I have all these blue strings and blue scraps hanging around still.  So, while blue is not my most favorite color, most of my quilts are made of it.  Just the way it is.

3 comments:

Raewyn said...

Woohoo, looking good - looks like some serious sewing has been going on at your place!

Clare said...

Strings are the latest craze. Everyone's doing them. Yours are wonderful.

Helen said...

I love this!

Re strings - you do them so well!!! LOL I can see a Jamestown Landing in the offing here! LOL

Thanks for Visiting! Come Back Soon!

Related Posts with Thumbnails