I write. I quilt. I cook. I take photographs. What else is there?

Sunday, March 3, 2013

ThreadHead Quilt Along

I finished this top last month.  It's the ThreadHead Quilt Along 2012 piece.  I wanted to accentuate the columnar effect, so I used different shades of green.  And, because I love gold so much, I used that for two of the borders (there's a thin gold outer border that you can just barely see in the photo).  Many of the greens and blacks also have gold or gold flecks in them.  I was going to make this quilt as a sofa quilt, but it's a bit big for that now and I've fallen soooo in love with it that it's going on my bed.  Don't mind the shelves in front of it.  I don't really have much space I can show a quilt the size this one has gotten to be.


My February list to get things done was partially successful:

1. A New Baby quilt - Blocks made
2. Pieced block for BOM - Done!
3. Applique block for BOM - Done!
4. At least half quilting done of my mom's log cabin quilt - Er, nowhere near, but I'm working on it.

March's list looks eerily similar:

1. Finish New Baby quilt
2. Pieced block for BOM
3. Applique block for BOM
4. Get feathers done on my mom's log cabin quilt

Also, this month, Breathe, my writers' group is doing their NoWriMo (Novel Writing Month).  Normally, it's a national event held in November, but we couldn't do it then, so we're doing it now.  50,000 words in one month.  That's the plan.  I'm not so worried about getting that much done.  I've done it a few times before.  I just want to get one or two already-in-progress books finished. 

It should be interesting juggling everything.

Remember, the only way to get better at anything is to practice.

-Wendy

3 comments:

Linda said...

A scrappy delight! Love it. Awesome job.

Raewyn said...

Hey Wendy, your Threadhead top is brilliant - no wonder you love it!! I love the border fabric and the triangles, they really seem to frame it well.
Good luck with this month's goals :-)

Joan said...

The quilt looks wonderful Wendy - a Great finish!

Thanks for Visiting! Come Back Soon!

Related Posts with Thumbnails