I write. I quilt. I cook. I take photographs. What else is there?

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Snow

IMG_3090

 

Can you see that little metal stick with the knobby on the top?  That’s the antenna on my car.  Yes, there’s a car under under all that snow!  Here’s the view from the front door this morning.  Beautiful, isn’t it?  More snow on the way.

IMG_3089

Being snowbound has good benefits too.  I finished this BOM block for the Hop to It quilt.  I’m only two behind now.  Until tomorrow, when I’ll become three behind again.  Sigh.

IMG_3088

I also finished this lovely for the 2012 Free-Motion Quilting Challenge.  The thread I used is a photosensitive thread.  It’s natural state it peach, but when subjected to sunlight it becomes a wine color.  Cool, huh?  I bought it from Red Rock Threads.  I have NO idea what I’m going to do with this, but it’s fun to play with!  This little quilt will get a bit of embellishing and then will be sent to AAQI for auction.

IMG_3091IMG_3095

I hope your day is bright and sunny, but if not, make the best use of it you can!

-Wendy

5 comments:

Raewyn said...

Oh my goodness - that's a lot of snow!! I like your HTI block - I'm in the same boat as you - finished that exact same one last night and WAS only 2 behind - now with March here, I'm back to 3 behind!! Love your feathers - the thread sounds SO interesting!!

Tammy said...

Your feathers are very lovely. The thread is really cool as well. Happy Leap Day. Where do you live that you got so much snow?

Joanne said...

Wow! Can't imagine that much snow! I think I will stick with the cold.
Great Hop to It block - we can always wait for another month before the next one.
The feathers look wonderful.

Clare said...

And I was complaining about our white out!

Michele Bilyeu said...

Oh.my.word. Now, that is snow!

We had snow on Tuesday, rain and hail on Tuesday and then brilliant sunshine and warm weather on Thursday! And my book came and I am really enjoying it! It was perfect for the snow and rain and hail days :)

Thanks for Visiting! Come Back Soon!

Related Posts with Thumbnails