I write. I quilt. I cook. I take photographs. What else is there?

Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Weekend Retreat

I attended a weekend retreat via Skype with my group:  Joan, Joanne, Raewyn.  Three of us made the same quilt.  Both Raewyn and Joanne have pics of their little quilts posted; you can click the links above and you'll see them.  Here's mine:


I did some very simple SID around the blue blocks and chose to concentrate my efforts on the applique.  It's for my SIL.  I think she'll like it.

See my little frog in the corner of the photo?  He was originally made to hold soap in the bathroom.  He does a much better job holding my basting pins.

Can you believe this is my first finish of 2014?  I have another very close.  And the pretty floral applique has been put aside to be made into a full-sized quilt.


4 comments:

Raewyn said...

Looking good Wendy!! Three finishes for the group - not bad going!

Sheila said...

Visiting via Raewyn , your quilt is gorgeous , great job !

Joan said...

So lovely Wendy - well done on the finish.

Sue said...

Pretty quilt, amazing what you can do with Skype!

Thanks for Visiting! Come Back Soon!

Related Posts with Thumbnails