I write. I quilt. I cook. I take photographs. What else is there?

Saturday, August 10, 2013

Majestic Mountains

What I've been working on:
 

This is straight from Bonnie Hunter's Free Patterns page.  It's amazingly easy and eats up a lot of odd sized pieces.  You know, the scraps that are larger than 10" square and smaller than a fat quarter, that you just don't want to cut up into a bunch of small pieces.  And it was super fun to make.  I just couldn't stop.  I made this one twin-sized for a charity quilt, but then fell in love with it and am keeping it instead.  I plan to FMQ different border patterns into each horizontal stripe so it's like a "border bible".  Can't wait to see it all textured!

Still working on  Mom's Log Cabin quilt.  I know, I know.  It's taking a long time.  But, I don't work on it every weekend.  Nor do I work on it all day, when I do.  I want some piecing time, too.  Here's a recent pic of the feather textures in the blue (which is all done).  I've drawn the flower basket template for the white squares three times now, but I think I'm ready to go there.


This is perhaps the most in-depth I've ever quilted a large quilt.  And I'm lovin' it.  But just taking my time to keep from 1) burning out, and, 2) rushing and making mistakes.

Writing a lot.  If you want to see the other half of my life, visit here:  http://wlkoenig.com

Did you FMQ today?  I will be.

-Wendy

4 comments:

Helen said...

Wendy - I LOVE LOVE LOVE the quilting you are doing to my quilt! VERY nice!!! and can hardly wait until it wends its way back home to me!

Helen said...

I love the Majestic Mountains! VERY pretty!!!! You are very talented!

Raewyn said...

Wow, your majestic mountains is MAJESTIC!! I love the colour scheme. Your quilting also looks majestic...awesome work :-)

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

Majestic Mountains is amazing! Love those colors together so much. Beautiful quilting too!

Thanks for Visiting! Come Back Soon!

Related Posts with Thumbnails